Jennifer Hodgdon, Poplar ProductivityWare's lead developer, is an active volunteer member of the community that builds and maintains the open-source Drupal software, its documentation, and its modules. In the past she was also active in the WordPress development and documentation community, though lately she is mostly working on Drupal. Highlights:
- Author of Programmer's Guide to Drupal, from O'Reilly Media.
- One of the top ten contributors to the development of Drupal 7, as measured by Greg of Growing Venture Solutions. A key contributor to Drupal 8 as well.
- Past leader and co-leader of the Drupal documentation team, and for several years, the lead Drupal Core API Documentation Maintainer.
- Maintainer/developer of several modules available on drupal.org, including Simple Google Maps, API, Porter Stemmer, and Search by Page.
- Contributor to documentation: Co-coordinator of the Drupal User Guide project (current), writer/editor of many pages in the drupal.org on-line documentation (current), api.drupal.org (current), and wordpress.org Codex (past).
- Participant/co-organizer in the Seattle Drupal user group (past) and Spokane Drupal user group (present), presenter/participant in local and international Drupal events, and founder of previously-active Seattle WordPress developer group.
Drupal Work for Clients
Here is a list of Drupal projects Poplar ProductivityWare has recently completed for clients. Please contact us if you need something similar.
- Made various updates and additions to a non-profit's existing Drupal-based site.
- Built a community portal for a software company's user base, based in Drupal, where users can participate in forums and submit case studies to the site.
- Took over maintenance of clients' existing Drupal sites (security updates, new functionality, support).
- Migrated several Drupal 6 sites to Drupal 7.
- Tutored several clients (in person and remotely) in Drupal programming and Drupal site building.
- Built a Drupal-based site to showcase an environmental group's work, including sophisticated image management with slideshows and videos, and a section higlighting news coverage of their organization.
- Built a Drupal-based site for a green building industry group, including searchable member profiles that the members can update themselves (PHP).
- Built a Drupal-based site for a roofing company, including a custom theme, a roofing materials listing page, a zip-code search for past projects, a featured customer view, and a gallery of past projects by roofing material (all of the project/customer views were generated from the same entered content data) (PHP).
- Created many custom Drupal modules for clients, including:
- A module that makes it easy to integrate Twitter feeds into the core Drupal "Aggregator" module (PHP).
- Several modules that add custom fields for use within CCK (PHP).
- A module that displays all users' profiles in one long page, for a high-school reunion web site (PHP).
- A module that reads legacy point-of-sale system data into the Drupal E-Commerce module, so that prices and inventory numbers are kept in synch between the web site and retail store (PHP/MySQL).
- Modules that allow users to answer questions submitted by other site visitors and review products, making sure that only the latest answer/review by each person for a given question/product is kept (PHP/MySQL).